Monday, October 18, 2010

Sick

Gotta pull myself up today. Seen the doc @ Olive tree last night and got flu, cough medicine and lozenges. Was given 1 day MC today but I din utilize it as I have a fair amount of work to clear with deadline on wed. If I were to be on MC today, guess I might need to do OT for the next few days.

Jeston was a bit feverish last night and his temp was 37.3 degrees. Did not give him any medicine as he was still perspiring. He woke up this morning @ 6am for milk. Measured his temp again and was relieved to see 36 degrees. We retired to bed again as it was still early.




I tried to log in to apply for MT IPO but was too late as it closed @ 8am. Forgot entirely about it yesterday. Neway, may not get it. Read about an article on Peter Lim, Spore remiser king last evening. He used to work as part-time taxi driver, waiter, etc when he took degree in finance and accountancy in UWA. He bot several shares whose value escalate and he earned tons as a result. Gd example is the Wilmar shares he bought in 1991 which cost about $6+ a share now. He also invested a lot in GLP shares which commence trading today.

He owned a 11 storey condo @ Ardmore which he stayed with family and friends and owned a private jet. He married ex- actress, Cherie Lim, many years back. How I wish I could acquire good judgement in stock like him. But I guess besides luck, it takes a fair bit of time to analyse the stock market and guts to put in the investments.

We had lunch @ Si Chuan Dou Hua @ UOB Plaza 1 on 60th floor today. My 1st time there today and we ordered the set menu of 10 for $568 plus 1 more individual set as there were 11 of us. 8 dishes in all but serving not as much as we had last Fri @ Peach Garden. But nicer scenery than Peach Garden as we were higher than MBS. Today's lunch was for our CEO who came to Sg. Been having heavy lunches since last Thurs.





 










Can imagine me in a daze after the heavy lunch hence I quickly made Old Town kopi for myself when I stepped into the office. Sick + heavy lunch = bed. But in reality....deadline for quarterlies. Stayed with my coll, C, till 7 plus. She was accompanying me and we left together.

My head was already heavy by then. Did not bring my medicine to work as doc gave me drowsy ones for me to rest together with the MC. I guess my eyes would shut immediately if I really consume those.

Returned home to have a quick shower and tabao my dinner to my MIL's place. Had plain porridge with braised tau pok gravy, cabbage, minced meat and tau pok. Needed something plain cos not feeling very well esp after the heavy meal. Jeston went jogging with my MIL and SIL.


After his jog, daddy waited for him while I waited in the car as he parked @ the void deck since the MSCP was a distance away. Waited in the car playing with James' iPhone till 10.30pm and chatted for a short while with my buddy, S. Finally they appeared. Daddy commented that Jeston tried all sorts of way as he wanna stay at ah ma's house.

Was soooo exhausted when I reached home that I slept after a short while. Didn't manage to read to my darling today. Hope I'm fully recovered by tomorrow.

Received a parcel from Her Velvet Vase today on a dress i ordered recently...



Mini cockroach dead on my office table today

My attire today:

0 comments:

Post a Comment