Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday blues

This morning, Jeston told us he dun wanna go school and wanna go ah ma's house. Gotta persuade him to head for school. Prepared the chiffon cake 姑姑 bot for him for his snack in school. Lu Lao Shi opened the door for us.
P1080948
P1080950

On the way to the mrt, I met Y and her hubby at the coffeeshop. Y was a close friend I gotta know when I studied acca. Her daughter, S is in K1 and in the same school as Jeston. Today was the first time I met his infant son cos hasn't had time to visit him since he was born about 3+ mths ago.

He was very adorable and resembled mummy but Y said I'm the first 1 to make that remark. Guess most people commented he resembled daddy. Had a quick chat with her. She asked me whether Jeston going for the holiday programme. Told her I decided to sign him for the 3 weeks programme which costs $450 excluding transport. Asked James to pick him up after school as the 2-way transport costs $75 for 3 weeks.

Y told me she's still contemplating whether to sign S for the programme as it's quite exp. I find it very exp too but wanted to keep him occupied for some activities since I can't take too long leave to accompany him. Wanna go Genting with him and James' 四姨 's family but they going on 12th Nov weekend and my quarterly ends only on 15th Nov so can't make it.

Reached office and had cheer kway which Jo had bot for me from Tiong Bahru. Ate 6 pieces and was quite full. A bit oily but I simply love these.....haha.....close one eye on the oil surrounding them.

Had lunch with my colls, J, C and ex-coll, CT today at Mei Xiang Lou. It was suggested by Jo as she find the $5 set lunch which includes tea quite value for money. C, CT and I had oyster mee sua and Jo had another type of noodles. We also ordered braised meat with ko song buns. C and I had one each and CT had two as Jo din wanna consume it.

C and CT ordered 1 bowl of tang yuan each. There were 2 tang yuan with peanuts filling and in peanut soup in each serving. CT shared half with me. Told Jo I was still full after the heavy breakfast. It was Jo's treat. She told us to treat her something more exp next time and I told her she betta keep her promise cos she alwis forgot.

P1080964
Braised Pork
P1080960
Dessert Menu

P1080956
Menu
P1080961

P1080965
Buns
P1080966
Oyster Mee Sua
P1080968
Mee
P1080969
Peanut Soup

My coll, S gave A and me popcorns from Cathay in the late afternoon. She said it wasn't enuff to share among all so she packed these in 2 white envelopes for us. It was mixture of salted and sweet popcorns.....yum yum..... Had a few cos inconvenient to eat it openly so munched these on my way to mrt.

Met my secondary school classmates, A and Q for dinner. It was organized by Q. Hasn't met them for ages since they came over to see me and Jeston few years back. I bot a minnie sweater and Mickey & Minnie jumper for Q's daughter. We had dinner at manhattan at PS. I was about 10mins late but A was much later cos delayed by work.

I was catching up with Q till A arrived and we ordered our food. They had baked fish with supreme catch while I ordered fish and chips and a latte. We were catching up on the good old days and updates about our ex-classmates. We also shared our experiences being mummies. A was saying her hubby alwis flying around hence she wasn't ready for kids yet. Anyway, we were sharing with her that after being promoted to mummies, whenever we buy things, we would think of our kids first.

Q's daughter is being taken care by her MIL and they got her a maid to help out. They would bring their daughter back during the weekend. She had 18 hours of labour pain and was induced as her baby gal weighed 3.51kg. She gave birth at MAH. Told her I had 8 hours of labour time so could imagine her endurance. Kudos to her.

Chatted till around 10pm and we headed home. A went to tabao burger for her hubby who juz knocked off while Q and I took the NEL train tgt. She stayed at Punggol. Was sharing with her my past experience with Jeston. Strongly encouraged her to breastfeed as she said it was vey tiring. Told her to try for at least 6 mths as it really helps to build up her baby's immune system. Her baby is on half BM and half Nan now. She also uses medela pump.

It was drizzling when I reached home. Got a japanese cheese bread for Jeston's snack tmr at the bakery. Put down my stuff and picked up my darling at the shelter while daddy went to park his car. Would be bringing him to school by mrt tmr as daddy needs to send my MIL for his routine checkup at the hospital.

Read Si Yah Ling's phonics book 3 and revised berries cards with him and his Mickey. After he slept, I ran through the circular given by his school. Find that his school is getting more commercialized. They actually charges $1.50 each for the 4R foto for his full dress rehearsal and $1 each for orders of 10 prints and above and $2.50 for 5R.

Thot the school would provide transport to Tampines this Thurs for their year end concert for the students but nope, we gotta send Jeston there on our own. Those without cars gotta use public transport. Find that Jeston learnt quite a fair bit from attending this school otherwise would have opted for others as the school fees are quite exp and no subsidies given as it's not a childcare for working mothers.

Time for bed.....


0 comments:

Post a Comment