Sunday, November 7, 2010

Changi Beach

Hasn't been posting due to the difficulty in uploading fotos in blog as my fotos capacity had reached its limit. Wanna buy more storage space in picasa but James already purchased additional storage in flickr so decided to use that instead.

But the trouble with flickr is I gotta upload the fotos in iPhoto and use iPhoto to upload the fotos into flickr. As I'm afraid that I may lose the fotos, I downloaded the full version hence it is very slow. Worst, when I link the fotos from flickr to the blog, some of the links dun work. And I gotta painstakingly copied the html for every foto and pasted them one by one on the html page of the blog and adjust by clicking under Compose as i'm not a IT trained in html language.

Neway, will keep on writing while I try to find ways to improve on the uploading of the fotos. Brain memory reserved for work usage hence can't afford to remember all the nitty gritty details everyday.

This morning, James and I woke up late as we slept late last night. He was watching TV while I was uploading and trying to figure out how to add the pictures from flickr as it wasn't as simple as pasting the URL as these didn't work. We left our place at 10 plus and met our neighbour who were almost done with their toilet renovation.

The hubby was complaining to us the terribly poor service they got from the contractors. They couldn't even position the metal hangers properly and dug holes on their floor. They were so mad about it and complained to hdb. The hdb officer juz provided lip service and the contractor reverted to their irresponsible way of handling the toilets.

They renovated the MBR toilet and followed by the the one in the living room. As the couple didn't have lotsa leave, they told the contractors to complete them by 3 weeks instead of a mth. They had nightmare as the contractors committed lotsa mistakes.

After hearing all the complaints, we were quite worried as our turn would come next year. Think there's a very long waiting list as I heard my 2 other neighbours had wrote in to complain about the toilets too. Gotta pray hard to get a gd contractor.

Oopz, already 11am by the time we left the carpark. We then headed to my MIL's place to fetch them. My MIL was telling us Jeston had been mumbling and asking to go East Coast Park since early morning. James drove us to Changi Village for lunch.

My MIL bot Jeston and her own food as she was a vegan today. She fed Jeston while we ate our lunch. We shared a plate of carrot cake. I had chicken cutlet mee, James had mee pok while my SIL had wanton mee. James had queued for it at the famous stall.

After the lunch, I bot a pc of papaya for Jeston. Kept in my bag for him to consume later till it juz slipped my mind. Gotta dispose it in the late evening. We strolled around Changi Beach after lunch. Wanted to get a safety cap for Jeston. Saw one and let him tried. It cost $27 but it was a bit heavy on him so gave up.

We then passed by a bakery and bot red bean buns for Jeston. My MIL suggested going to somewhere nearby as Jeston was going to sleep soon so we headed to Changi Beach. Applied suntan lotion for kids on him. It was blazing hot at noon.

Took the pail and scooped finer sand for Jeston as the sand around the area he was seated was filled with grass. My MIL had bot a styrofoam cover for him to sit and a blue plastic mat from 1 of the shops at Changi Village. Very useful indeed.

My SIL went roller blading and my MIL was helping her as she still couldn't blade very well. I played with Jeston for a while and felt tired. There was a couple who placed the mat on the sand and bot along 2 chairs to relax. Their 2 sons were at the beach with 2 stools playing with the sand.

I lied down for a little while on the mat as I was tired. We then told Jeston to pack up and my MIL helped him to grab a quick shower at the open shower area for kids. Wanted to shampoo him but he found the water too cold. James then drove them to my MIL's place. Jeston wanna follow my MIL hence James and I returned home for shower.

We went to tabao vegetarian mee goreng, hor fun and carrot cake for dinner and headed to my MIL's place. Juz opened the mee goreng, James' 7th uncle and aunt dropped by to ask my FIL to sign some documents. James offered her carrot cake as she was heading home for dinner.

Her daughter-in-law's baby boy is due to be delivered next Jan and she told us she had been attending classes and already engaged a confinement lady for $2,500. They left after a short while and we bot Jeston back home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment