Thursday, November 4, 2010

Montessori Playroom Yearend Concert

This morning, dressed Jeston in his black tee with a monkey picture for his performance "Crazy Monkeys in the House".  Prepared bread with butter as well as Kuei Lapis for him as his performance commenced from 10.30am.  Rang Vera at 8.40am to wake her up and picked her up at 9am and then proceeded to pick up my MIL.  Then we headed to Tampines MRT to pick up my mum.

P1090009

P1090006

P1090011
She had already reached Tampines MRT @ 9.30am so i went to the MRT control to meet her.  We were early at Tampines library and James wanted to look for the loo so he managed to find out the back door.  He rang me and informed me.  I asked my mum, MIL and Vera to proceed to the back door.  Informed a lady with her kid in her arms and her parents to use the back door too rather than waiting for the main door to open at 10am.  I pressed the bell and a librarian kindly opened the door for us.  We then took the lift to the 3rd floor where the concert was to be held.

We saw the principal and teachers still tied up with the coordination.  We juz went around looking at the photos pasted on the wall which we wanted to order with a form given to us in the concert invitation package.  One foto cost $1.50 and $1 for orders of 10 and above for 4R.  1 5R foto cost $2.50.  Decided to order about 23 prints of 4R.  Din order those with Jeston which were blur as these fotos were quite expensive.

P1090166

P1090167

P1090168

P1090170

P1090174

P1090173
The crowd gradually strolled in.  Met Y and her family.  Her baby boy was here too.  Passed her the CD which i burnt for her with fotos of the Duck & Hippo tour and the RBW cards for her baby boy which I used to teach Jeston when he was an infant.  Then i went around taking fotos for Jeston and his classmates.  I met Ber, my ex-coll who recommended this school to me.  Told her where the Pre-Nursery fotos were.

Then it was time for Jeston to enter the backstage.  He was clinging on to my hand and wanted me to join him in the backstage.  Ms W took over at the entrance of the backstage.  He then let go of me.  Tink he's quite fearful of her.  I joined the rest in the theatrette.  This year graduation concert was on "All About Tails".  Jeston was involved in 3 items, Crazy Monkeys in the House, 小青蛙本领大 and the Finale - The Animals Went in Two by Two.

P1090175

P1090176
We were anxiously waiting for his appearance.  It began with a welcome speech by the Principal, followed by the Graduation and Awards Ceremony.  Jeston din manage to get the best attendance award for 2010 as he had been sick a few times.  Finally we saw our darling appeared.  TheIt was led by Ms M, a dance by the Pre-Nursery and Nursery in the a.m. session.  Jeston did not join in the rest and jumped.  He seemed to be in his own world and dancing the Mickey Mouse dance.  We were laughing away in the audience seats.

After that, he followed his seniors when he finally drew his attention back to the theme.  Ber's daughter, S was also performing in this show.  Jeston was dressed in black tee and she was dressed in blue tee.  She came with her hubby and elder daughter who used to be Montessori student too.  Jeston was looking for us but as the seats were arranged with the K2 parents in the first row, followed by K1, then Nursery and Pre-Nursery's invitees were seated at the back rows.  Ber and her family were seated in front of us.

After this item, we were anxiously waiting for the little frogs.  Had wanted to enrol Jeston in the Talent Showcase.  Luckily, i din as the students were all playing either keyboards or violins.  The youngest was a Nursery student who played "Long Long Ago" on the keyboard.  If Jeston had focused and trained harder in his music lessons, he would be able to perform.  Nevertheless, i dun wanna exert pressure on him.

Daddy had been recording the performance using the digital camera.  Next, we finally saw the little frogs.  He was dressed in a frog like suit with a white cap sewn with 2 ears.  So cute.  Blur mummy din take foto of that.  Gotta wait for the fotos from the school.  He was jumping with the other students.  Finally, the last item was the finale.  The k2 girl, T who held Jeson's hands was so kan cheong and juz appeared and dragged him to the back of the stage and he din have the chance to move in front of the stage and bowed like what the other pairs of students did.

After the show, daddy came to pick him up at the backstage as he and my MIL were vegans today and they couldn't makan the buffet lunch.  Think the buffet was from Eatz Catering which was so-so only.  Had wanted to wait for Jeston but James told us to go ahead for the lunch first so by the time we exited the theatrette, all the seats were "reserved" with bags and elderly people.  Managed to put Jeston's bag on 1 side of the bench as the other side was occupied by an old lady.

We then proceeded to queue for the food.  There were fried rice, bee hoon, nuggets, broccoli with cauliflower, siew mai, pork and samosa.  Din consume the dessert which was jelly as it was too cold for me.  After taking the food, the bench which i placed the bag was occupied by the old lady's granddaughter who was in the performance.  My mother din have a place to sit.  The guy who sat on the sofa next to us kindly gave the seat to my mum.  Asked my MIL to sit on the bench but she said she was alright to stand as she was having dessert.

The girl's mum juz ignored our presence though i hinted my bags were there and she looked quite unfriendly.  After Jeston came out with daddy, my MIL took out the macaroni she had cooked for him and fed him by sitting on the little space on the bench.  Daddy went to get his vegetarian lunch for himself & my MIL.  I continued to eat my lunch and chatted with Vera.  Managed to catch up a little with Y who was beside me.  She was still deciding whether to enroll her daughter, S for the Dec holiday programme.  Both of us felt the school fees were steep but she told me this was one of the better schools in Hougang and she needed to work late so no time to teach her daughter.

Bobian, gotta work harder to earn his income.....tat's Y James was saying one is sufficient due to the financial and physical burden.....We met Ms M who told me Jeston was crying in the backstage as he wanted mummy.  They managed to comfort him before the performance.  James and my MIL had proceeded to the car as my MIL was famished.  James had his lunch while he tabaoed for her.  We joined them later at the carpark.  We sent my mum to the mrt and Vera home.  James dropped Jeston and me at home and sent my MIL to buy some stuff.  

I gave him a shower and coaxed him for his nap.  We then had our dinner at my MIL's house.  What a tiring day.

P1090022
Reception
P1090023

P1090024
婆婆和外婆
P1090033
Jeston with Nursery JieJie
P1090032
Jeston with Nursery korkor
P1090029
Jeston & Vera
P1090026



0 comments:

Post a Comment