Monday, September 20, 2010

Sore eye

Seen the doctor last Friday for my sore eye. It actually began last Wed when I noticed minor redness at the corner of my left eye. Left it alone and it worsened on Fri. Hence, I visited the doc whom I brought Jeston to see on 11th when we returned from Perth on 10th Sep for his diaper rashes.

He was highly recommended by my MIL's neighbour. Heard he was an ex-doc from KK. Neway, Jeston has gradually recovered from his rashes and cough [Dhasedyl/Vasican (60ml)]so his medicine was quite effective and the best thing of all, his consultation and medicine was considered much cheaper compared to other docs in the market.

His clinic is The Olive Tree Family Clinic and Surgery located at Blk 303 Anchorvale Link #01-02 S(540303).  I was told last Friday it was irritation and given one day to rest.  Was prescribed Cetirizine 10mg for consumption evrymorning and Opichlor Eye Drop to apply to affected eye 4 hourly.

However, over the weekend, my left eye was still reddish even after consuming the anti-itchness pill and applying the eye lotion. Wanted to see him again last Sat but din realised he was only opened for half a day in the morning. Hubby went to the clinic on Sat night and checked the opening hours. Supposed to be open on Sun evening from 6.30pm to 9.30pm but when I called at 8 plus, nobody picked up the line hence I decided to wait for one more day, thinking it may subside today.

To my dismay, it remained status quo this morning.  Therefore, after dropping Jeston in School, i waited patiently at the clinic again for my turn (no. 23) when the displayed no. on the TV showed 6....gosh, imagined, i waited for almost 2 hours.  The doc prescribed Prednisolone 5mg which i'm supposed to complete the course and Fucithalmic Eye-drop to apply 3 times daily.  Instructed to apply both eye lotion with with 2 hours interval.  One is drops and Fucithalmic was creamy form.  Was given one day MC to rest.  Met my ex-coll, A, in the clinic who had sore throat.  She was telling me the doctor behind the NTUC @ Fernvale also not bad.

Was taking to my sis via facebook yesterday.  Was amazed by how she allocated her time.  She got so much stuff to handle @ work.  She's a marketing manager and she had piles of work to do as they were quite short handed.  Yet she managed to pick up sewing, photography and baking all on her own.  She juz attended a diploma course to learn to do fondant and already clinched 2 cake orders.  She also managed to squeeze time to update her blog.  Her blog is at Corinne's blog.

Guess i'm poles apart from her.  I'm accountant in the day and mummy at night.  I always feel that 24 hours a day is insufficient for me.  I tried to fulfill so many things at the same time.  I actually started blogging many years back even before the birth of Jeston but i only blogged once in a blue moon as i was heavily tied down by work.  High volumen and low pay.

After Jeston was born, i switched to another company which i thought would be much better as my big boss promised me work life balance.  But things are always not a bed of roses.  I worked till past midnight on the 2nd day.  Thereafter, i befriended the moon as i seldom see the sun when i knocked off.  I'm considered luckier as i had a colleague who worked much much harder than me.  Both of us left eventually as we were exhausted utimately.

Oopz....a bit side track, guess it will be days and nights if i were to carry on elaborating on the past.  Lets look towards the future....my new resolutions for 2010 though only one more quarter to go before the countdown again....

i) Attend a driving refresher course so that I can drive the car during the weekend
ii) Tidy up our nest as it has been adjourned for donkey years
iii) Settle on a new xxx
iv) Either project gxxx or mxxxxx

Jeston learning to use the training chopsticks
Mickey training chopsticks
Jeston immersed in Little Einsteins on youtube in ipad


0 comments:

Post a Comment