Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mid-Autumn Festival

Woke up earlier this morning even prior to the sounding of the alarm clock to visit the loo and decided not to head back to my bed. Prepared myself before I helped my lil' darling to dress. He was still sound asleep. He woke up on his own today to drink his milk. I was in the kitchen and heard some noise. Thot wat happened and rushed to the bedroom. Jeston couldn't open the cover of the milk bottle. 

I helped him to do so thereafter applied the rashes cream and helped him to change. Dressed him in the new pair of soft pants which I bot from Perth and a Tigger reddish polo tee as today is mid autumn festival. Had removed Polar mini snowskin mooncakes from the fridge. Cut one of each of the Rose and Osmanthus mini mooncakes and gently placed them in his snack box. 




He forgot to bring his buddy, Mickey back home from ah ma's place last night. Fed him his Chinese medicine for his sensitive nose and we left for school. We were still a bit late, reaching around 8.40pm. Other students were also slowly removing their shoes. Lu Lao Shi opened the door for us. She complimented about the Chinese silky cheongsam top which I was wearing. Thot of dressing that to mark the occasion.

Bot a mini snowskin mooncake to give J, my colleague.  She thot I or my sis made it.  Told her bot it off the rack from Polar.  

Sent many fwded mid-autumn festival smses to my friends where several of them reverted with same greetings.  It's this kind of occasion where we sincerely exchanged our blessings.  One of my ex-coll, P, whom i had lost touch for quite a while updated me on ex-colls still working @ MOH.  Was surprised to hear that LTZ's wife expecting a 3rd child which is due next month.  P juz returned from Perth too for business trip.  Told him my nightmare over there.

Neway, it was v nice of him to provide me an update.  Later in the pm, LTZ smsed me with greetings and he told me his 3rd child is also a boy.  He already had 2 boys.  They wanted a girl.....tat's Y they tried.  Nevertheless, i guessed the vital thing is to have a healthy baby irregardless of the sex of the baby.  I also havent met him for donkey years.  He said he will buzz me to arrange for a meal.

Had lunch with HL, my ex-coll together with my coll, J @ Amoy today.  Wanted to makan nasi lemak but it was closed till 29 Sep 2010.  Hence, opted for the stall next to it, the lor mee.  Oh man, very long queue too.  I din give up.  Finally got my 2 bowls, one without chilli for HL.  J was already halfway through her lunch.  HL joined us shortly.  She was caught up with her sup.  J treated us to kopi and kaya toast after that. Wanted to buy toto @ the 7-eleven but it was long queue so gave up.

My coll, A, suggested lunch together with S.  Hvnt had a chance to lunch with them since both of them joined us 2 and 3 mths ago respectively.  So we fixed tomorrow to have lunch together.  The 3 of us are handling entirely different roles.  

After work, i rushed to Far East Square push cart to exchange Jeston's clothes before it close.  He was unable to fit the Thomas set and the shirt was too dull hence i exchanged for both.  Me really shopping queen.  Couldn't resist and bot an additional long sleeve shirt for him cos i find the chinese collar quite unique but my MIL and SIL both commented colour a bit too dull for him.  Looks like i gotta repeat my trip to the push cart again to exchange for the chinese collar shirt.

Chinese collar shirt
Diego shirt
Polo Ralph shirt
After the exchange, i took the mrt to rush my way to Hougang where Jeston will be attending his chinese class.  In the mrt, met a pair of very childish young couple where the gal was slapping the guy and the guy playing with her, almost bumping into me and i was standing behind them.  No consideration for others at all......sigh.....

Jeston dislike chinese classes as he insists that I attend it together with him.  However, both his chinese teachers discouraged me from doing so.  Last week, we tried and he cried for the initial moment and calmed down.  Liu Lao Shi was explaining to me that as long as he dun see me, he will join and progress with the class.  When he spotted me looking at him through the mini window on the door, he began to get emotional again.

He was still alright after last week's lesson.  But today, the moment i stepped into the classroom with him, he held onto my left arm tightly.  Both Liu Lao Shi and i were trying to explain to him that parents are not allowed in the class.  He refused to listen and wept bitterly.  As it was Su Lao Shi leading the lesson today, she permissed me to stay behind.  Liu Lao Shi has no choice.  I understand that I should teach Jeston to be more independent but i made the wrong move initially by accompanying for several lessons.

He already got used to it hence difficult to get him to readjust without my presence.  Hubby told me to withdraw him from the class last week which i tried.  The management asked me to try for few more times.  They do not allow refund of school fees.  Only deferment of classes are allowed.  He suggested that I let Jeston rest for a while and return for the classes again.  I find the chinese lessons very interesting and he did learn new chinese characters from the classes.

We juz have to overcome this obstacle of him dropping his probia without mummy's presence.  It's tough but i do hope he will be able to do it soon.  When i witnessed him sobbing so bitterly, my heart hurts too.  I was hesitating of withdrawing him if they do not allow me in the classes.  He was enjoying the lesson.  He just wanted me to be there even as a white elephant.  Hence, i felt reluctant to give up at the moment.

Neway, shall see how things progress.  Hubby already asked me to halt the classes after end December before the new term commence again.  I just hope Jeston can pick up chinese as i understand the primary school chinese is getting tougher.  Wanna spread out his learning curve while he's still have plenty of time than to squeeze everything together when time is scarce.

After the class, we headed to the kopitiam near my place to get dinner.  I was starved by 9pm.  Bot a pack of economical rice and 3 boxes of candles for 1 buck to play with Jeston later.  Hubby went home to pick up the Japanese Yuzu snowskin mooncakes.  My gosh! Din realise we need to put these in the freezer and they melted.  The lady who sold them to me juz advised me to put in the fridge.  I'll never ever get from them in future.  My hubby's cousin's galfren also had bad experience with them.  Their yam snowskin mooncakes turned sour even before they can consume.

Neway, we refroze them and left them @ my MIL's freezer.  Lighted up 2 dozen of candles outside my MIL's place.  Hung one paper lantern with candle and Jeston played with the electric Thomas Train lantern.  We bot him to the void deck for a short while.  When we returned, the candles burnt part of the flower pot where we inserted the candles.  My FIL told us to dispose it.

Jeston stayed with my MIL tonight.  Asked him whether he wanna proceed home.  He was hesitant but eventually decided to stay.  Good for me as i returned home to shampoo my hair and i needed to rush to Toa Payoh Chung Hua Hospital to get queue nos. for my mum, my bro and myself early next morning.  If Jeston is around, he will tend to follow me so hubby gotta send us there and drove us back to his school.

Btw, Jeston made a mooncake in school today.  Supposed to contain a secret message but i havent eaten it.  Will update the message again.


Luckily, I havent eaten the cake.  Blur me thot it's a REAL mooncake.  It was actually made of plasticine.  Only realised that when I tried to break it into half to get the secret message.....haha....

Secret Message







0 comments:

Post a Comment